Well I've found it's the perfect surface to decoupage holiday themed napkins or wrapping paper to.
So here are the steps:
- pick your main holiday wrapping paper and a complimentary wrapping paper
- paint the inside all sides with a color that matches or compliments the paper.
- after this dries apply the main paper to the surface of the tray that would hold drinks.
- apply the complimentary paper to the outside walls of the tray.
- I applied a cut out coffee cup out of the outside complimentary paper as an additional accent.
- Wallah! You will want to seal the tray. I do so with an additional coat of decoupage, but you may have a preferred sealant. Always use a plate when placing cookies or food on this type of tray that has had paint, etc. applied to it.