Tuesday, May 24, 2011

{Handmade} Stencil Me Happy

Hi Friends,
A post on Facebook by Michaels Stores reminded me of a fun project I did a few years ago. It was a handmade stencil that was created from recycled materials. Below I share the steps and projects created using them.

Supplies:
  • Gesso( if your painting on slick surfaces)
  • scissors
  • a folder
  • pains, at least two colors
  • paint brush

So I needed a little something on the walls of a bedroom. I was feeling a little funky and had snow flakes on the brain. So... a stencil made by way of old school snow flake cutting. And I cut my freestyle vase of flowers out of a folder. This was so it would be sturdy enough to use as a stencil. What do you think?


And below is a close up of the table I' painted for our living room. This table was created using the same process.



The table has actually been something my hubby and kids have argued with me about on and off. You see, I look at the table and see a possible new camera. They look at the table and see something I painted that they don't want to part with. I would agree, but the whole house is filled with painted "stuff" by me... so I don't see the big deal. What do you think?



Hugs and Creative Wishes,
Heather

2 comments:

Willow said...

I remember when you painted that table :)
I suggest negotiation. Which art are they willing to give up?

Heather said...

I like that angle. I'll try that.
Missed you Willow. Hugs!