Monday, April 21, 2008

Girls Just Want to Have Fun




And we did! We had a ball at our preacher's 80's themed birthday Saturday night. How funny to see an Atari as a table centerpiece. But not as funny as the giant Cell phone my girl friend had dangling from her arm... that was a real cell phone from back in the day. Funny... Funny. So checkout the hairdo. That took some work. And I converted one of my hubby's t-shirts into a shirt that said SAVE FERRIS from the best movie of that period... o.k. accept the John Hughes films, and ET... OK there were a lot of good ones. And then I topped it off by puffing it out around the waist as any good mall rat would have done.
My hair is still crunchy!!!!!!!!! Good by White Rain Hairspray.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Thanks for making me smile today!! ... for your nice note earlier and this post brings back lots of good memories!!! Though you don't exactly have mall bangs ... you look too pretty! My husband's favorite movie is Ferris Bueller's Day Off, so I had to laugh at the t-shirt you wore!!! It just sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to remember that for my husband's 40th in a couple years!! I'm going to the doctor this afternoon and seeing if there is something physically wrong and I also talked to my sisters and one of my cousins and they all have the same stuff going on as me. It is good to talk about it because I don't feel so alone in dealing with it. Thanks for being such a great friend! I felt that hugely today!

Willow said...

Perms, baggy shirts...disco. How can we live without them?!