Monday, March 17, 2008

Poke My Eyes Out

Good Grief! The traffic was terrible this morning. 150 traffic lights out, streets closed from storm damage, falling glass in those areas and a bridge closing due to not passing recent inspections. Good Grief! So since I was just sitting there, why not snap some pics?

This is me waiting near a down tree near historic Oakland Cemetery. The cemetery lost some historic monuments to if I hear the news correctly.






This is my view waiting to move near Underground Atlanta. Like the crack in my windshield?





This is me waiting just before the World Congress Center, see the windows I circled....





This is me not moving in front of the World Congress Center. Check out the plywood covering missing windows. And one window they haven't gotten to yet.

Oh, Happy St. Paddy's Day! I need a green beer after this traffic. Too bad I don't drink.

6 comments:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

We have always heard that tordados avoid cities... what were we thinking?
I'm glad y'all are ok.

Heather said...

me too. just a few hours sooner and I would have been sitting in traffic in front of the CNN center. Eek!

Willow said...

I was wondering if you were affected by the storms/tornadoes. I'm so glad you're ok.

Wow, those are some crazy downed trees and the broken windows are scary--all that flying glass.

Bethany said...

Oh, I wish I had checked in with you sooner!! We were so busy that I didn't pay attention to the news and then I heard about the tornados. I'm glad your family was okay... not a nice crack in your windshield though! Looks like you'll be dealing with it for a little while yet while everything is cleaned up. Try to be patient :)

Bethany said...

p.s. You look gorgeous in your new photo!!!

Heather said...

You're too sweet! The crack is a different and long story. Let's just say we in Georgia aren't very skilled at remove ice from windshields :(